Chapter 1, Moving in, and possibly some deep thoughts


This was it, after a rushed packing, and piles of stress, we were here. My father and I are missionaries, we travel allot, my dad has done more traveling with my mother. I realized something from all the traveling, that letting go and hurting are all part of it, but nothing is permanent. Nothing really is ever going to stay the same except God. But there’s still joy and love and passion in all of it. There’s always a good side to the bad things. Now, here I was dazed by the sudden change of weather and atmosphere. Luckily, we arrived the first week of April, which gave us a two week break to adjust. John, was in charge of us, he was the one who would guide us throughout the town and our new apartment. John took some suitcases and started to pack up everything into the trunk. Smiling he turned to me and asked me a question, “How do you find the weather?” Returning the question with a smile I spoke, “Its cold.” He laughed at my comment and proceeded to shut the trunk of the van. I’d lived in a tropical country for some time and grew up in Canada, but I hadn’t been in cold weather for more than a year. Luckily, we stopped over to my grandma’s house before arriving there, and amazingly I fit into my mother’s clothes. I was sure if my mother was still there, she’d want me to wear it. As I sat in the car, stuck in traffic, I looked out the window. Everything was so new to me, suddenly, my iPod started to play ‘Everything has Changed’ by Taylor Swift, snickering, I let the song play. And I did think about the ways my life would change, I would no longer be homeschooled, I’d be entering a new home, school, and city. Throughout these  thoughts, I thought back to when I loved a boy, when I was more me, than I was now. I’d changed allot, so many things, peer pressure. I gave into it, and I did some pretty sad stuff. The car came to a stop, my father turned around and asked, “Ziah, are you still awake?” I was still awake, all these thoughts would be sure to do just that for me. “Yap!” I answered, in a half tired half excited tone. Finally, after bringing all the luggage up 5 flights of stairs, we had arrived at this new home. I was scared, and happy to enter this new home. I took my shoes off and let John show us around. After he had left, I stayed up, trying to get some heat out of my body as it went into shock from such sudden temperature change. After warming up a bit, I stalked off to my new room and began to unpack. I gave up, not even half way through as my body demanded rest. Throwing myself onto the bed, and closing my eyes, I fell asleep. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I wish could happen to me. Because I .... so much

Love those who love you, and love them the way God loves you.

IM SO SORRRRRYYYY!!!! || HAPPYYY NEWWWW YEAAARRRR!!!!! "^_^"