Christmas!!

I AM SO EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! I already have like this giant list of presents xD I can't wait!!! But we all know that Christmas isn't just about presents. :D So, I updated my background, and changed the color for the blog title. If you were wondering ;) Honestly, I feel like I' writing to myself, well I am, but I guess some people read this stuff. I guess...So here's a Christmas story I was going to submit for a contest, but never finished. But you can pretty much guess what happens next ;) Also, my friend read it, and did some massive editing jobs. I suck at punctuation. :P

Story Time :D

I woke up to the smell of the sweet cinnamon smell of a candle that was burning. I was glad it was the weekend, if it wasn't I could've sworn I would break down in tears at the very sound of, "Your holiday is over." Of course Christmas was in a week, and I had quite a lot of time before then. I had already collected the gifts and hid them in my closet. There was all to much to be excited for. And boy, did I look forward to that Christmas party. Mmmm, I can imagine the sweet tingly taste of the gingerbread cookies. 
I walked down the stairs cautiously, I was trying as hard as possible not to make any sounds to wake my family. 'Creeeeaaakkk', said the stairs. At this moment my dog woke up, and started barking. I guess I'm not as good as I thought I was at sneaking down the stairs. I reached the window and peaked out side. 
Crisp white snow, still clean before the muddy footprints reach them.  I got my jacket, and proceeded to put an excessive amount of clothing on before I was able to go outside. I don't want to freeze to death, I thought to myself, as I pulled on my third pair of socks. I trotted outside; the snow was wet. Just the right kind for snow-ball fighting. 
I somehow managed to find my rock pile. I walked a few doors down, and threw a rock on my friends window. 
"Psst! Abigail! Abi! ABIGAIL!!" I clamped a hand over my mouth, after realizing I shouted too loud. 
Abigail opened her window, and stuck her tongue out at me.  I deserved that. She mouthed the words ten minutes, while doing the hand motions. I waited. And waited. 
After what seemed, an eternity. She came out. She waved, "Hi!" and then told me to wait while she put her boots on. I walked towards her. 
"Took you long enough slow poke." I smiled, and she laughed. 
I suddenly remembered the snowballs I was making as I waited for her. I chuckled evilly as ideas popped into my head. I picked up a snowball, and threw it. But I missed, and threw it at her sleepy brother who was just waking up.  My mouth hung open in shock, from the mistake I had made. He wasn't upset, he looked quite happy that I threw it. And then I saw a smile of revenge creep onto his face, and I knew I better run. 
Abigail had just finished fumbling with her gloves when she realized what had happened. She saw his wet shirt, and  chunks of snow falling off. And then we both knew what was next. I picked up a snowball and threw it at her. I ran behind a tree where I hid my snowballs. I was laughing a lot now. Jonathan, Abigail's older brother, didn't take as much time as we did to put on his snow suit, and what not. He ran out the door, closing it behind him, picked up a chunk of snow, and KNOCK OUT! I was down. He hit me in the stomach. As I tried to get up, I noticed something glowing under the snow. I ignored it, its probably a piece of metal, I tried to assure myself. But it was bothering me. I got up and threw a snowball at Jonathan. HA! Right at his stomach, revenge is mine. After we were all soaked in water, I walked towards the metal piece and pulled it. I got it from under the snow, and examined it. It was still covered in soil, so I had to scrap it with snow. 
Once I was done I saw what it was. It was an odd necklace. Silver, but it looked like it was mixed with both crystal, and then dipped into a pale blue. I stuffed the charm into my pocket as Abigail called me. 
"Hey! Zia!! C'mere or your gonna freeze to death!" 
She was right, I took my gloves off when I got inside and checked for frostbite. Good, no signs of it. Jonathan left us, and went to the kitchen. I decided not to tell anyone of my finding, and keep this secret to myself. 
"So, what do you wanna do?" I was bored. If I didn't get anything to do, I would die of boredom. 
 "Well, you could tell me about that shiny object in your pocket." How did she know? 
I tucked it deep down in my jeans, it wasn't visible. "Oh, I found it when Jonathan hit me with a snowball. I picked it up before we got inside." Abigail muttered something under her breath that I couldn't make out quite well. "What?" I asked, in a questionable tone. 
"Right then! Lets get some hot chocolate, and steal some cookies!" We both grinned. 
I was still wondering why she was avoiding the subject. We sat down as we waited for the kettle to whistle. "Do you know anything about this shiny object?" Abigail's eyes turned pale blue for a split second, I was sure of it.
 "Uhhhh that thing? Nope. Can you show me?" I was beginning to wonder what could be the cause of her eye color changing. I gave it to her, watching her intently as she examined it. "It seems to me that this could be made of some diamond, and some crystal-" She paused, as if considering something. 
"Oh, cool. So is that all its made of? Or is there more to it?" I looked up at her and smiled. If she really wasn't…..completely from earth…I've read to much books. "Ermmm, well, I don't know much, but thats all I can tell you by looking at it."  I sensed that she was holding something back from me. " 
'kay then, lets finish our hot chocolate before it becomes a chilled chocolate slushy." She giggled, and I grinned. 
Later that day I decided to take a walk outside. I sat on the swing, when in a flash someone was right beside me on the other swing. I was startled and nearly fell off, then, the figure flashed again and, the figure was steadying me on the swing. In another flash the figure was back on the swing. I stared, shocked in disbelief. "Who…who are you….how'd you do that…?" The figure was a boy about my age. I was blushing, why was I doing that? 
"Hello Zia, I'm sorry if I startled you, but I have a message from your uncle." My uncle? My mom's brother? The one who disappeared mysteriously? How is this possible? 
Since I didn't know what else to say, I said, "What is the message?" He handed me a transparent scroll. I realized I didn't know his name. "Oh, and what is your name?" 


He thought about this for a second. Why would he need to think about his own name? "In your language my name is Michael, but in mine its Zerilan." I grinned, what an odd name. He smiled, probably in amusement that I must have thought his name was weird. "Well, then, mysterious Zerilan. It was nice to have this…odd encounter." He snorted. "Yes it was, Zia. I'll see you soon." Soon? Why soon? Must have something to do with the message from this mysterious uncle. I was about to open it, but before I did Zerilan disappeared in another bright flash. 

Let me know if you want me to finish it ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I wish could happen to me. Because I .... so much

IM SO SORRRRRYYYY!!!! || HAPPYYY NEWWWW YEAAARRRR!!!!! "^_^"

Love those who love you, and love them the way God loves you.